Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Craft crazy momma!

Since I found out we are having a baby girl I have been going crazy trying to find new and fun crafty things to do. So far I have:

  • sewed a pin cushion








  • sewed a stuffed owl








  • made yo yo flowers







  • decorated a white onesie with said yo yo flowers






and last but not least!

  • I made a new headboard start to finish!!





I have a million things I want to do still and still feel like there are so many more thinks that are out there that I have no idea about! I have really fallen in love with crafting. It really surprised me when I got started into it how much I loved it. Ive never really though of myself as a crafty or creative person but this has been such a joy for me! I find myself wanting to make EVERY THING! Why buy it when I can just make it!!!

Now I ask a favor of anyone who is reading this. Please leave me a comment of your very favorite craft you've done or wanted to do! I need more ideas people!!!

3 comments:

  1. So fun! I didn't know you did all of those projects. I also started loving doing craft projects. It started when I got the sewing machine from your parents coupled with time off of school. My favorite non-sewing project I've made was the frame jewelry holder that cost me about $8. I use it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You should check out some of the links on my blog under the "Link Love" page. I have some fun craft blogs on there. Also, there is this website called "One Pretty Thing" (http://www.oneprettything.com/) that has MILLIONS of people's ideas. It's so cool to search and find all sorts of project ideas. I use my Google Reader to subscribe to cool craft blogs and get tutorials and ideas from there. Google Reader updates you when the blog posted something.

    One of my FAVORITE blogs is Tip Junkie. They go out and search blogs and then post the top 20 finds (with pictures and links!) of certain categories. It ranges from things like birthday party ideas to how to redo furniture to hand-made gifts and even more! Once again, I put it into my Google Reader so that I'm updated every time they post.

    Just some thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly it is good to see your cute family. Send me your e-mail so I can add you to my blog. My e-mail is jfolk05@msn.com

    ReplyDelete