Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Xander VS. Graysen and sinning...

Today in the car the boys and I were talking about baptism. Xander is giving a talk on Sunday about it and I thought it was a good opportunity to see what he knew about it so we could work on his talk together. I asked him if he knew what baptism was. He told me about how to hold on to Daddy's arm, plug your nose and say a prayer. I asked him if we knew why we should get baptised and he said because Jesus told us to. I ask him if he knew why Jesus told us to. He said because Heavenly Father told us to. So I told him that it was to wash away our sins. I ask if he knew what sins were. He said no. I told him that they are things that we do wrong and know they are wrong. He said to me "Well, I don't have any sins." Graysen piped in and said "I do! I like to sin!!!" Thanks for the heads up Graysen!!!! I ended the conversation with "We all sin but we can repent and that is part of getting baptised!" *sigh* I hope it sinks in before the teenage years!!!

2 comments:

  1. It amazing how fast they grow up. I'm so excited for you and you new little one to get here. Girls are fun!

    ReplyDelete